Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 2

So where I last left off, I was writing a post on an iPad in the Boston apple store. That culminated a great day of walking around Chinatown and the rest of Boston with a great group of people, taking in everything around us, and even stopping at some freedom trail sites along the way. As I said before, I am really starting to feel a sense of community among us here at the Five Week, it's really pure, as JB would say...not shmaked.

So for the past two days, I have been laying back on my playing, to tell the truth. After a really intense week of playing and work, it felt good to relax for a couple of days and do some stuff outside of Berklee...not that I didn't do anything at the college. The string fling was this weekend, an acoustic string festival that lasts for three days put on by the Berklee string faculty. After showing up to a jam on Friday with a bunch of players, I was invited back to play at the concert the next day! I chose to play the Brazilian song "Sonoroso" with Eugene Friesen, who was on the faculty of the program...it turned out amazing!

On Saturday night, I went out to dinner with Kira and Andrew, who were visiting from Lexington, with a bunch of other people at a great Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Basil. Some of us then attempted to rent a movie from the Blockbuster down the street, but couldn't due to some company policy about accounts that left us with no movie and nothing to do. We ended up watching the Boondock Saints on David's laptop, which was fantastic as always.

Today was spent with the normal crowd going around to music stores and trying out gear, but that only lasted for so long until we realized that our musicianship homework had to be done by tomorrow, and so the transcriptions began. All this sitting inside, however, had put me in the mood to practice, which led me to practice for a couple of hours acoustically, and then play for an hour using effects and my amp...I can't wait for Andrew Bird to get here so I can see a master do what I am trying to develop!

I'm just about to go to bed, it's been a long day, plus I have my lesson tomorrow. Im also eagerly awaiting a care package from home with cookies which my roommates and I cannot wait for! Oh, and I did my first load of laundry...now I'm definitely set for the next week. More soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gabe, thanks for the update, this editions sounds a lot more confident than the frist. Keep up the good work . xxo GP/GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabe,
    Thanks for the update! Check your AOL E-mail you have messages and music from Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, why have we not heard from you!

    ReplyDelete