Monday, July 12, 2010

Settling in

Alright everyone, now that I've had a few days to get used to my surroundings, I finally have a free minute to post. My pictures will be up soon, dont fret.

So after driving my car down to Boston with my dad and staying with my aunt, my dad and I headed to Berklee for move-in day. The problem was that since my dad had to stay with the car outside the building, I had to bring in everything myself...unassisted. Thats a full crate of clothes, three instruments, an amp, a mini-fridge and other necessities, so needless to say that due to the heat of the matter, a change of shirt was required after the move in.

After the chaos of moving in, things quieted down for awhile, at least until the instruments started to be broken out. Within minutes of getting to Berklee I had met tons of fantastic musicians and the jamming had begun. That's pretty much all I've done for the past two days, besides eating and sleeping.

My two roommates, Mike and Dave, and I had our first jazz workshop class today, which was made up of just playin tunes with a group of people from the workshop...Im not even sure if its my set group, so I'm still a little confused how this whole thing works...when I find out, I'll let you know.

I am among monster players...I only hope I won't get eaten.

2 comments:

  1. Gabe! I am enjoying the jazztastic voyage very much. I particularly appreciated the opportunity to learn about the state of your shirt on move-in day. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabe, your not there because your a light weight.Don't forget you went to the Skinny Dugan Conservitory and that's what got you there. Have fun and don't look over your shoulder. Love G/P

    ReplyDelete